We, at Norwood, welcome the news that we can now re-open with restrictions in place, as previously sent out in an email to members; we are opening the Courses initially to MEMBERS ONLY tomorrow Wednesday 13th May
Please note that the following is subject to change at short notice.
Our priority is to provide a safe environment for members and for staff and secondly, to give all members the opportunity to play some social golf, therefore the following procedures have been decided:
* Maximum of 2 players per tee-time – the tee sheet will be set up for 1 or 2-ball bookings; all names must be entered at the time of booking. We may put single players with other single players to maximise tee times but will inform you if this happens.
* 9 Holes only, playing from either the 1st or 10th tee Norwood Course – ALL TIMES MUST BE PRE-BOOKED ONLINE, make sure you book the correct tee you want to start from.
* 9 Hole Par 3 West Wood Course – ALL TIMES MUST BE PRE-BOOKED ONLINE.
* 7 Days in Advance booking will start from 12.00 noon on Tuesday 12th May, and will then revert to 6.30am each day thereafter.
* No Roll ups/Fuddle groups etc.
* We appreciate that members will be eager to play, please ensure all names are listed in the tee slot and please be considerate and avoid over-booking.
* Turning up to play without a tee time is not permitted – this applies to both the Norwood and West Wood courses.
* Tee times will be from 7.30am – 5.00pm seven days a week, subject to availability. We need to know who is on the course at all times and we need to avoid members being out on the courses with no staff on the premises.
* The clubhouse will be CLOSED. The toilets will be available for use, although we would ask golfers to change their shoes in the car park and keep their belongings in their cars.
There will be no food and beverage facilities initially.
* After you have finished playing golf, go straight home.
Terms and Conditions of Play
In light of the current Covid 19 pandemic, and in line with ‘play safe, stay safe’ guidance, you must agree to the following code of conduct prior to completing your online tee time booking.
Before your round – (please note the below is still subject to governing bodies guidance and may change)
You should aim to arrive at the car park no more than 10 minutes before your tee off time and always try to park away from other vehicles where possible – the grass overflow car park will be available.
Please check into the Pro shop before play – the shop has been re-designed to allow for social distancing – observe and obey all signage.
Do not use the practice facilities – putting greens, practice bunker & driving range are currently out of action.
In order to comply with social distancing rules, you must arrive at your starting tee no more than 5 minutes before your tee-off time.
If a group is waiting on the tee, keep a safe distance of at least 2 metres.
Keep the same safe distance from your playing partner (if from a different household) whilst waiting to start your round.
Clubhouse toilets will be open, and for hand washing.
During your round
Keep two metres apart from your playing partner at all times (if from a different household). This includes when teeing off, walking to the ball, putting out and searching for a lost ball.
Do not pick up any stray golf balls you may find.
Do not touch the flagsticks.
Bunkers are GUR, and rakes have been removed.
Bins & Ball washers are out of use, please take your rubbish home.
After your round
When your round has been completed, leave the course and club immediately to avoid any gatherings, do not bring your own refreshments (especially alcohol) onto the premises with a view to consuming them post round (refreshments such as sandwiches, water etc can obviously be consumed during your round).
Exit via the road path to the car park – DO NOT go back through the archway in the courtyard, unless you need to use the toilets & for hand washing – but please be aware of adhering to social distancing in the enclosed spaces.
The Main Gate will be closed at 7:30pm, so all members must be off the premises by 7.15pm.
On a separate note, now we are re-opening, we have received many emails from members who haven’t already paid their Membership subs, asking if they can do so. As previously stated, we will credit the length of time we are / have been closed to next year’s subscription if you have paid the full amount this year 2020/21 please contact us for details on how to pay or use the BACS online details previously emailed out using your name as reference
Common sense will prevail – and we have no doubt our Members will adhere to these restrictions
Best wishes & welcome back to Norwood … we have missed you …
Paul & All
Paul Thornton, General Manager, PGA
Norwood Park Golf
01636 816626 Opt 3