WE ARE WELCOMING BACK GOLFERS FROM NEXT Wednesday 2nd December
Terms and Conditions of Play
Considering the current Covid 19 pandemic, and in line with ‘play safe, stay safe’ guidance, please note the following and make all members of your group aware (this is still subject to governing bodies’ guidance and may change).
The alert level in our area is currently level 3 VERY HIGH
Golfers should try to avoid travelling outside the very-high alert level area you are in or entering a very-high alert level area, other than to travel through the area on a longer journey.
What are the implications at NPGC?
- Norwood & West Wood courses OPEN for 1 – 4 players per tee time – pre-booking only (preferably online)
- Driving range OPEN – individual players, no groups gathering – Rule of 6 applies
- Individual lessons & custom fit sessions permitted
- Pro’s shop OPEN, face masks must be worn
- Clubhouse – CLOSED except for toilet & handwashing facilities, facemasks must be worn
- Do not bring any alcohol onto the premises
- Half-way house OPEN for takeaway hot food & drinks, open daily from 9am – approx. 2pm, (subject to demand) with NEW contactless payment now available in the hut to avoid having to pay for food and drink in the pro’s shop
- Face coverings must also be worn in all public areas of the clubhouse
- A legal obligation for clubs to collect track and trace information via the QR code and tee-time booking system – Thank you for your co-operation
- Please arrive at staggered times, play in your prearranged groups, no groups gathering (Rule of 6 applies)
Before your round
- Please check into the Pro shop before play – the shop has been re-designed to allow for social distancing – observe and obey all signage. Face masks to be worn in the Pro Shop
- Putting Green/ Chipping area available only to golfers just ahead of their tee times max 4 Golfers per Green
- If a group is waiting on the tee, keep a safe distance of at least 2 metres.
- Keep the same safe distance from your playing partner (if from a different household) whilst waiting to start your round.
- Buggies subject to availability, only x 1 per golfer unless from the same household, pre booked in advance, drivers must be over 18 years
During your round
- Always keep two metres apart from your playing partner (if from a different household). This includes when teeing off, walking to the ball, putting out and searching for a lost ball.
- Do not pick up any stray golf balls you may find.
- Do not touch the flagsticks.
- G.U.R on holes 9, 15 & 17th Norwood Course please note that the bare patches at the point where the new turf meets the ‘old’ near the recently renovated bunkers, are classed as GUR until further notice. If one of these bare patches interferes with your stance or swing you may take a free drop: nearest point of complete relief, within one club-length, no nearer the hole.
- Ring the Bells on the Course using anything other than your hand: umbrella, club etc
- Bunkers in play on both courses, with placing 6″ no nearer the hole within the bunker, smooth sand afterwards with your foot or club.
- White lines around the greens – please do not take trolleys or buggies beyond the lines
- Ball washers are out of use
- Avoid slow play without delay, please call players through if you are holding them up
- Preferred lies in operation everywhere on the courses except hazards
After your round
- No presentations or groups gathering permitted – Rule of 6 applies
- The main gate will be closed at approx. 9pm, so all golfers must be off the premises by then
Please can you respect staff, we are trying to ensure these rules are followed so please do not be offended if we remind you if a rule is being broken. Anyone not complying will not be served and may be asked to leave.
If these rules are not followed, NPGC may be fined; clubs and venues are being checked by inspectors.
Remember – these are government rules, not ours!
This is a difficult time for us all and we need your support.
Stay Safe Play Safe
Paul & All